Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hi, my name is Bug!

Hi my name is Bug!  I am Dr Ken’s newest addition! I was rescued by Dr Ken this past September from a Portage area farm and am almost 5 months old.   I was named after lightning bugs (which Dr Ken is a huge fan of!). The fact is I love to chase bugs of all kinds, so my name fits! My nicknames are Bugger, Lil Bug, and Bugaboo.

I am the first female kitten Dr Ken has ever had and share his cabin on Lake Mendota with Lance. Lance wasn’t quite sure he was ready for a kitten with my energy but he is getting used to me (I even chase his tail from time to time) He hisses at me a lot but doesn’t really mean it. I will win his heart… just need a little more time!

Adventure is my middle name. I have been labeled an adventurer because I LOVE to ride in cars, LOVE to camp, climb trees, and get along with all types of dogs we meet hiking (yes, I LOVE to hike, too!). Dr Ken has already taken me camping 3 times including 3 State Parks and forests. I have even been fishing with him and took a ride in the canoe. Last weekend I even put my toes in Lake Michigan. It was windy and the water was cold but the waves didn’t scare me a bit!

Oh yes, people say I am a very lovable & photogenic kitten. Several friends of Dr Ken’s have suggested he get a separate Facebook page just for me.  

Well better go now, thanks for visiting our staff pet blog…..more next week…. right now time for a kitten nap! 


Lil Bug

                                                  My paw prints in Lake Michigan sand!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Daisy's Mom said...

Hi Bug! I learned about your adventurous spirit from Roxanne Hawn over at Champion of my Heart. You are a totally awesome cat! Will be stopping by to read more.

 
At December 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger WFPC said...

Hi back! Thanks for visiting! Dr Ken and I just got back from trips to Indiana for Christmas and then up to ski in Northern Wisconsin. The most fun was an after ski party where I trained 6 dogs to respect cats. I had fun and made lots of new friends. Wish you and Daisy a Happy New Year! Bug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home