Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bug says "Wear blaze orange if you are still hiking"

Attention all kitties & cats!

If you are an avid outdoorscat like me and still hiking be sure and wear your blaze orange!



Dr Ken and I had a nice hike at Devil's Lake this past weekend which was the opening of deer season in Wisconsin. We saw lots of hunters along the road going into the park but they are luckily not allowed on the hiking trails!

When we got to the trails I was excited! So many unusual trees and huge rocks! We hiked over 2 miles and boy was it steep! My favorite was jumping from rock to rock because I have never done that. It was sometimes tough to get a grip but I have nice long nails and good balance!

We met lots of fun cat loving folks and they all had questions about me.

How did Dr Ken teach me to hike? He didn't teach me I knew how already, he just was brave enough to try.

Do I actually like car rides?: I LOVE car rides but I usually fall asleep on the way home from all the great exercise!

Isn't Dr Ken worried about me running away? We always go to quiet areas with minimal distractions. He and I are both easily distracted although we like to think we are focused on many things at the same time! I let him almost get out of sight, let out a few loud meows then run up the trail just when he is ready to come get me! It is great fun but I try not to be too predictable!



What am I going to do when it snows?  I am determined to stay active during the winter.I am only 5 months so I have never seen snow.  Dr Ken is an avid cross country skier and he is trying to figure out a way for me to tag along. He has even talked about some type of indoor exercise plan so stay tuned.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you cats!

Bug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home